I am excited to share news about my new book, TWEAK IT: Make What Matters to You Happen Every Day, which will be published by Center Street/Hachette on January 8, 2013!
I can’t express my deep gratitude to everyone who supported me throughout the TWEAK IT creation journey. And here it is!
Why TWEAK IT?
Do these everyday work-life tradeoffs sound familiar?
- Prepare for a meeting, or leave work a few minutes early to go to the gym?
- Catch up on emails, or meet a friend for coffee?
- Ask for overtime or take my mother to the doctor?
- Finish some paperwork, or read at my son’s school?
We all wrestle with questions like these every day. How do you do your job and take care of yourself, nurture your relationships, keep up your job skills, care for your loved ones and maintain your personal finances and home?
In TWEAK IT, I reveal the secrets of the work+life fit “naturals.” These are the people I’ve met over the years who seem to fit all of the pieces of their personal and professional lives together with ease.
As I studied the naturals, I discovered they regularly follow four simple practical steps when managing their actions and priorities on and off the job; however, survey results confirmed most of us don’t. We either don’t know how important these commonsense steps are or we ignore them. That used to include me!
TWEAK IT shows all of us how to unleash the power of small changes that have a big impact!
How can TWEAK IT help you?
TWEAK IT translates the secrets of the work+life fit naturals into a doable weekly practice that’s accessible to everyone, whether you are a man, woman, mother, father, entrepreneur, millennial, caregiver or pre-retiree.
The weekly TWEAK IT practice of small changes, or “tweaks,” builds that solid foundation of everyday contentment and order we all crave—one step at a time. You will learn how to:
- Create a “TWEAK IT snapshot” that brings all of your work and personal realities together in one complete picture.
- Use your current calendar & priority list to successfully manage this “snapshot” on a regular basis.
- Choose the standard tweaks you would like to see happen consistently every week (going to the gym every morning, or making sure to sit down with the entire family for dinner four nights out of the week).
- Pick your unique Tweaks of the Week – the new, periodic small actions and priorities you would like to add to your routine over the next seven days (reviewing household finances, setting up a LinkedIn profile or trying out a new sporting activity during the week).
- Partner with your boss, coworkers and family members to make these tweaks a reality.
- Review and revise their weekly Tweak It practices to keep it fresh and relevant.
To ensure your success, TWEAK IT includes the “get started” advice of experts from over fifty work and life related areas, like wellness, career relationships, personal finance, caregiving, and life and home maintenance.
Because I wanted the support and learning to continue even after you finished the book, we created the TWEAK IT TOGETHER mobile-friendly community site. The site will launch on Monday, January 7th, the day before the book is released!
How can you get started?
SPECIAL Limited Time Offer! If you pre-order three or more books, send us a copy of your receipt (email@example.com) and we will send you a special thank you gift!
Like the NEW! TWEAK IT Community Facebook Page and Tell Your Friends!
Stay tuned for more updates!! If you haven’t already, be sure to join our mailing list.
As you can tell, I am so excited to share all that I have learned as I researched and wrote TWEAK IT, and I look forward to helping everyone “Just TWEAK IT” in the coming months!