Cali Williams Yost At-a-Glance
- Author of the critically acclaimed book, Work+Life: Finding the Fit That’s Right for You (Riverhead/Penguin Group, 2005)
- Providing work+life strategy consulting since 1995 including working at the Families and Work Institute, and Bright Horizons Family Solutions, two of the industry’s leading organizations
- Counseled thousands of individuals to strategically manage their work+life “fit” – because it’s fit, not balance
- Consulted with hundreds of organizations, including Microsoft, Ernst&Young, Lehman Brothers, Merrill Lynch and BASF to create strong work+life fit partnerships with their employees
- Sought after speaker and expert source on work+life issues offering fresh perspectives on the topic
- Former New York City commercial banker
- MBA, with honors, from Columbia Business School
- Wife and mother of two
Cali Williams Yost is the author of Work+Life: Finding the Fit That’s Right for You (Riverhead/Penguin Group, 2005), the first work+life “fit” management strategy book for individuals. Cali and Work+Life have been featured in such publications as The Wall Street Journal, The Washington Post, Fast Company, USA Today, Men’s Health’s Best Life, Working Mother Magazine, The Philadelphia Inquirer, The Boston Globe, The Chicago Tribune, and The Seattle Times, and on the national morning show Fox and Friends.
She is president and founder of Work+Life Fit, Inc., a company dedicated to empowering individuals to strategically manage the way work “fits” into their lives–because it’s fit, not balance–and helping organizations create strong work+life fit partnerships with their employees.
Cali’s clients include companies such as AstraZeneca, BASF, ChildrenFirst, GE/NBC, Ernst&Young, GlaxoSmithKline, JPMorganChase, Lehman Brothers, Merrill Lynch, Microsoft and Novo Nordisk. She’s worked with many national professional organizations including the Department of Labor’s FlexOptions Project for small business owners, and with students and alumni of some of the top business schools including Columbia, Darden, Harvard, Kellogg, Tuck, University of Chicago and Wharton.
Cali was a work+life strategy consultant with the Families and Work Institute, and Bright Horizons Family Solutions, two of the country’s premier work+life organizations. Prior to entering the work+life field, Cali was a commercial banker in New York City. She received her undergraduate degree from Bucknell University and earned her MBA at Columbia University. Cali lives near New York City with her very supportive husband, and two beautiful daughters.